when you see this post, you'll find me nodding to sleep already. but with a smile on my face. you want to know the reason why? I just had the best times of my life playing games at the arcade; trying our hands on the time crisis, the japanese game involving a person to drum on the big jap wooden drum (haha.. I dunno what to call it or describe it) what was thought to be the most normal event turned out to be fun with a twist. my heart is deeply filled with the joys of laughter, the fun that both me and Sabrina shared together. we tried out hands on driving games, shooting games, shopping on jap clothes, almost raiding the value one shop in Jurong point. we visited most shops in Jurong point, and she went there with the purpose of meeting her friends who worked with her in the John Little store. everyone was shocked that Sabrina cut her hair, and they raved over it. (I admit, me too..)
as for work, I think that I'm getting the spotlight again. I believe that I am getting close to crossing the fine line that 'exists' between my workplace and another company. (I'm not going to disclose the name). Of course, every company has its own set of rules and ways of doing things, so it's bound to have conflicts with other company trying to work together hand in hand. (I think) I am deeply aware that there is a silent rivalry between these two. if you observe really carefully, my colleagues wld whisper among themselves whenever a problem was dumped into them out of nowhere and both parties would fight it out strongly. it is a very competitive place out there. everything you do, or say to the staff of the rival company would be heard and listened carefully and the noted. there, that little info will be spread around among the other staff like wildfire, and there's nothing you can do about it.
I was the only one who don't even bother to listen or get involved into the fight. you could say that I am different. Different because that I was a temp staff who is really close with one of the staff from the 'rival' company, different because my only intention when I step inside the work office is to work my butt off and heck care to the rumors that went around circulating among the rest of my colleagues, different because I dare to joke, laugh, try to work together with the 'rivals'. different because, I was never a part of them in the first place, different because my very own gang can backstab me from behind, ( it happened earlier) different because I am contract staff, so the way they treat me is totally drastic than with permanent members (I'm not kidding here) all the bullshit that they give me everyday or dump into me, I just be patient, swallow it all up and move on. (although it can be very hard to do sometimes.) and I realised one thing today. "you can never please everyone. only 30% or 40% only) the rest? just buat bodoh. (ignore them)
Just in case it you don't have a friggin idea what I'm talking about, let me tell you the whole picture in just a few sentences. in my workplace, there is also another company who is signed to work together with us. their main role is to find jobs or shipments for us; let's call them the 'agent company'. and our role is to execute the shipments; liase with the warehouse ppl for the cargo, inform and keep them informed the whereabouts of their cargo.. that sort of thing. and my job? it's to record every cargo that goes on or out of the warehouse or even cargo that were directly shipped to its ultimate location (final destination) somethimes the problem that I had to deal with everyday is to find the ultimate location of the cargo. when the physical documents comes into my hands, the supplier itself does not provide the source code or the country. my option is to go to the c.s. ppl and ask them where is this item shipped to, and they did give me the info that I need. but even sometimes they may want to sabotage me, and might refuse to let me know. the other option is to ask another person, for the details. if all fails, then I have to head to the agent company and ask the agents.. if they also refuse to help you, then I really had nothing to do about it. I had no way out. and in the end, I'm the one who will get the blame. if I never provide the ultimate destination, the cargo will be stuck in the warehouse, and dust will be collected on them. so you see, in my line of work, I really cannot afford to get involved in these office politics. if I do, I'll only bound to make my job and life difficult for everyone involved. (and Johnny will be after my butt.)
ever since I started working here, I set a few rules for myself. and I make sure that I uphold them with my utmost integrity, even though I don't see myself working there for long, I strive to make sure that it will be an experience that has an ending that I'm truly proud of.
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment